Wednesday, May 7, 2014

For 150 minutes, we climbed, we bounced, we banged on everything, we played with Grandma's necklaces, we chewed the barf bag (which we found out would have come in very handy later), we pulled all the magazines out of the pocket and threw them on the floor, we knocked over Grandma's drink (Fortunately, there was only ice left in it, AND no one noticed!), we pat-a-caked, we played with the lady in the next seat by holding her hand, touching her face, and feeling her fleece jacket, we beeped noses, we sang the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" a bajillion times, along with ten other songs, we rode the horsey and "little piggied" our toes, we chewed the straw, we drank from and shook the water bottle and the Pringles can and our toys, and then dropped them (Or did I fling them?) ALL, and we laughed a lot, and sometimes cried. Grandma wasn't very smart when she gave me the Pringles, though, because I ralphed them up on both of us! After our first flight, we went to lunch. I don't know why, but after Grandma fed me at the restaurant, she asked our waiter, Jack, to give her an order to go, she tipped him $10, and she put six sugars in her tea, which, by the way, ended up all over the bathroom floor, along with my diaper bag, when Grandma took me in to change me. Now, I am quietly waiting at Starbucks, while she gets an iced cappuccino, because sleeping on the plane is for losers! This time, she only put in five sugars! Oh, I almost forgot, the diaper bag completely dumped out when it fell over at the end of the breezeway before our second flight, and the nice man in front of us took pity on Grandma and helped her pick it all up. He offered to carry it, but she was too prideful to take the help, so she thanked him profusely, declined, and waited for him to move on. He gave us an enormous smile when we walked by him on the plane. Grandma was pretty sure he was laughing behind his eyes at us. But the best of all was that I got lots of nice compliments about how good I was on both flights. I even got a couple "Way to go's, Dude!" Grandma may be superhuman, but I am Master Awesome!!!!!!! P.S. Poor Grandma only got to eat a little bit of her to go order and her cappuccino, and then we had to hop on the next plane! Don't feel sorry for her, though, because she is really Superman in disguise!!!!!!! P.S.S. This time when the nice man offered to help her, Grandma said, "Yes, please AND Thank you!" P.S.S.S. Grandma tortured me; then my cousin, Renee Trone, rescued me. P.S.S.S.S. Visiting Treasure Falls with Grandma, Uncle Doug, Auntie, and Renee Trone AND the chipmunks @ Wolf Creek Pass, Colorado. P.S.S.S.S.S. I slept through the detour around Ridgeway, due to snow and ice on the Million Dollar Highway, but I woke up in Norwood, my Great Grandpa Trone's old stomping grounds. We also saw where his mom and dad, Grandma Maude and Grandpa Lee were buried, in the Norwood Cemetery. Check out the Lone Cone, way, way behind me and in another picture before my car seat shot (The wind was literally taking my breath away!), so Grandma brought me inside. I also got new toys today, but I snubbed them and only played with my stacking rings. Grandma made fun of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment